Ah I remember it well - about fourteen years ago.
Heading to work doing 55, come to a long sweeping curve 45 speed limit, still doing 55 at about half way through the curve there he sits, a CHP tucked behind some bushes.
"Ah schitt", I say out loud to myself. No time to slow down so I just maintain speed, check the mirror, yep he's a coming! He's spinning the tires, throwing rocks, creating a hellofa dust cloud until he hits pavement, Red lights on, you'd think I was trying to escape @100mph or something.
I pull over, he pulls in behind, when he finally gets out of the car it's time for another "Ah schitt" utterance, this guy ain't much taller than than his vehicle!
A short man with the power of the Badge.
Told myself "Self, this ain't going to turn out well".
Where I pulled over there's not much room for a full sized Blazer, and the shoulder of the road drops off pretty fast.
I rolled down my window, look back through my side mirror he ain't there, just then there's a knock on passengers window. All I can see is the top of his head! At least he was smart enough not to stand in the traffic. On this particular day I happened to be working away from my home store in a different town, so my knives and scabbard sitting on passengers seat were the first thing he saw when he opened the door. Kinda startled him, "what's with the knives" says he, "tools of the trade, I'm a butcher" says I. "You always carry your knives around like that? " says he. "Only when I work out of town" says I. Then he noticed the handle of the baseball bat leaning on the console from behind my seat. "What's with the baseball bat?" Says he, "hitting balls, I coach little league" says I, while showing him the glove and mesh bag of balls laying next to it. You could see he wasn't amused, he was so short he kept raising up on his tip-toes to get a better look in the back of the Blazer. Then he spotted it, the plastic handle of my cheap machete (I guess it kinda looks like a pistol grip) his hand immediately dropped to his weapon "What's That under the canvass!" His voice rising a couple octaves. "Oh that, that's a machete, there's a hatchet & folding shovel under there too, you know camping gear" says I.
Ol Shorty is nervous as cat in dog pound now, "do you always carry around that much stuff?"
(I guess he never encountered so many 'Potential' weapons in one vehicle.)
"I sure do, so are we going to get the 'license&registration' part here pretty soon you're making me really late for work"
After all that he still ticketed me 55 in 45