Some great information and comments by all.

My only published data for this powder comes from the Reloading Guide published on www.vihtavuori.fi
I had downloaded the guide last year and was basing my max load on that (63.7gr for the Lapua Scenar 167gr bullet). Well, after reading some of the replies here I went back to the website. A new 2006 Guide is available, and it�s listing the N160 max load with that bullet as 61.7gr � a drop of 2 grains! (Interestingly, it�s also very close to the regression figure mathman came up with. I�ll need to study this a little more now).
I don�t have access to Nosler or Lyman manuals, though I may just need to find one cause I�m not so confident with the VV published data anymore.

It might be a while until I get the chronograph set-up again, but I�ll be dropping the charge weight back a couple of grains and see if the velocity sits around the 2900fps mark.

mudhen � primers were Fed 210.

280Rem � I shoot those Scenar bullets in a 308. They do have a slightly shorter bearing surface, but I think VV just messed up the data and have now revised it.

This rifle is going with me to Namibia in three weeks to shoot a couple of Springbok and Gemsbok. I�ll be spending some more time at the range before I leave.

Thanks again.

- stu