Not a rant here, just an observation.

I've seen six near-accidents over the last week, all at the fault of young to middle-aged women drivers. None were really due to overly reckless driving or speeding, but simply not driving defensively or understanding basic rules. Most of the extreme dangerous driving I see is committed by males, doing things like running red lights, passing in no-passing zones, and other willful and aggressive acts. These persons are endangering everybody else on the road, but at least they don't make up a sizable percentage of drivers.

I know quite a few women who I'd classify as having "logic-based" thinking, and they practically never have accidents, but I sure do see a lot of women these days thinking they have the right of way with no green arrow, turning out of order at 4-way stops, pulling out in front of traffic without looking, driving at full speed down the center turn lane, and crossing the highway centerline while putting on makeup or talking on the phone. Several of the instances I saw this past week could have been really bad if the other drivers hadn't been driving defensively.

Anybody else notice this happening more frequently? Are these drivers just more distracted than their male counterparts or do they maybe not have a real understanding of basic driving rules? Lots of real jack-wagon male drivers are certainly out there, but they sure seem to be outnumbered by pleasant young women that just aren't paying attention......

Now with even more aplomb