Some of you may have been looking at my underhammer build thread here:

original thread

since then, been busy trying to make things happen in and amongst the family stuff, but I complicated things by mucking up the butt, so I started over.

This time, I went full stock:

[Linked Image]

For whatever reason, all my pics didn't transfer from the camera, I'll post more later, but in review, here's the action:

[Linked Image]

The barrel is a 15/16" Colerain 54 cal, 56 twist, round bottom rifling.

At this point, I have all the rough dimensions done. The action is inletted, the barrel channel is inletted, the butt plate has been fitted.

[Linked Image] The foreend groove is done, but still needs to be trimmed in overall height to final dimension.

The ramrod hole has been drilled with the help of a 3/8" rod and a bit welded to the end. Using a 1/32" bit, I drilled a check hole through the barrel channel floor to confirm its location near the breech, and its about as dead solid perfect as one would hope, with about 3/16" of space below the barrel, and centered.

The forearm is at about 19 inches, I left it long till I determine what I'm going to do about a ramrod pipe.

I'm going to place some sideplates on the stock, from about 2" in front of the breech backwards to before the lock. Given the amount I plan on trimming down the width, I think they will help give the area some additional strength. Thinking of using 1/8" steel for those, and using an after market "brass plating" process to jazz them up. I should be able to snake a screw between the barrel and ramrod to attach them fore, and another screw just past the rear action screw aft.

More pics later, but I need to trim down the grip a little more, narrow the butt, and cut the tang length some before I inlet for it.

So, after a month or so, I'm just about where I was before, with a little more progress and a lot more experience.