Originally Posted by luvmycz
Looking for suggestions for an accurate take down rifle. Recently went on a trip, and it took a lot of effort to find a case that would fit one of my hunting rifles and stay within the airlines ridiculous weight and size restrictions.

I now have another reason to buy another rifle...happy happy.

I'm looking for a rifle that can break down and be put back together with a scope that will hold zero. I'm looking at the contender series, nef/hr etc. I can't afford anything like the Wild West lever actions.

Any suggestions?

Anticipating another hell-bound thread, I ignored all the former talk and will say this.
After I brought a full length gun case to Alaska in 2000, I swore never again.
I didn't as my last 5 trips were with rifles that could easily be "broken down".
The rifles cases were pouch shorter and easier to transport. The rifles I brought were a Kimber Talkeetna, Kimber 8400 and a Kimber 84L. All three rifles were apart in about a minute with an Allen wrench spinning off two hex headed screws.
The rifles were tested at the range 5-6 times to make sure they would return to zero.
So you don't need another rifle, just modify yours with hex heads and bring two Allen wrenches.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/17/14.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.