Used mine for the first time on a couple of backpacking trips, totaling four nights and 6 days, from which I just returned.

The first trip was through Picketwire Canyon from Withers trailhead to Rourke Ranch and back again, camping two nights on state land above the rim. The water was really murky. The filter plugged after 4 quarts. Back flushing worked fine but I would have been SOL without the syringe.

The second trip was up Grape Creek from the bridge at the Temple Canyon road to Deweese Reservoir. Everything worked fine. Not a single glitch. The water was really clean though running high as one might expect for this time of year. I didn't back flush the filter until I was doing maintenance when I got home. I was surprised how much gunk came out of the first back flush.

I use the 64 ounce bag and have bought the extra parts so I can use it as a gravity filter also. I filter the first quart by squeezing the bag, then I hang it up and let it filter another couple of quarts while making dinner with the first quart.

I carried the 32 ounce bag and never used it. I didn't use it to squeeze water directly into my mouth either. I probably should have. That would have meant that I didn't have to carry a quart of water in my pack.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.