The 2nd day we decided to go after springbuck. Now we would look for kudu every day as well, but I figured out you kind of need to be really looking for kudu in kudu country, primarily mountains with thick cover, to be effective. At least that's the way I saw it. Anyways this country was loaded with springbucks so locating some of them was not very tough. Several times during the day the PH's and tracker would climb up to aid in locating animals. Note the hunting "bakke"....a Mahindra turbo diesel......

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Getting close to them was a little tough, but within a couple of hours we managed to do so, and I knocked this one down, quartering toward me, with one shot.

We hunted the rest of the day without taking another springbuck, even though several stalks were attempted. At the end of the day I just couldn't help but stare at the beautiful sunsets.....

For dinner we had what I would call chicken fried steak with pop (like grits), gravy, potatoes, and an ice cold Tafel....dang those things are good! BTW, the meat was oryx steaks. I have not tasted eland, but the oryx is still the finest piece of meat I have ever eaten in my entire life, of any variety or species. I cannot describe how flavorful and tender it is.

I'm having a bit of trouble downloading some pics, so I'll have to do this hunt report in stages. I also have some bullet info for those interested that I'll post up at the end.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.