...so, I call and get the service addy, and send them in. CS sends them to their new US service facility for repair. It took about 4-weeks to get them back. Not great, but not terrible. All issues had supposedly been addressed, and they had definately been inside both scopes: each had fuzz clinging on the internals. Holy crap! So I called Minox back and explained things. I could tell that CS was not happy with the fuzz from the repair facility, and quickly decided to send a pickup ticket and replace both scopes. The only issue was: no models identical left, as they'd gone to an updated, HD model. Solution? Minox upgraded them both to HD models from the 30mm line, one 2-10x50 illum, and a 1.5-6x24. Excellent response, IMO. I can say the 2-10 has a WAY better eye box than the previous one. Waiting to get to try the low power, and comment.

Does it suck to have optics have issues? Sure. Does it stink that I had the luck to catch all the pocket lint at the repair facility? Yep. I don't think my long odds bad luck is anything typical of Minox, whatsoever. I could be wrong, but I've heard of few issues at all. I just had to be that guy.

Their CS has been 1000% pleasurable to deal with, professional, responsive, and more than fair in standing behind their product purchase. They've been patient enough to listen to my gripes/suggestions, as well...whether I know anything or not. I also feel they WANT to learn where these scopes need to be to go with the glass tgey can put in them. In the end, I'd buy another Minox tomorrow, just knowing that they'll back them, and they'll be better tomorrow than they are today. That doesn't mean I'm plugging them or making comparisons. I'm not. Crap happens to all of them, and I can't fault their approach to becoming another good or even great riflescope maker.

Anyhoo, good and bad, there it is. I merely wanted to write this up in fairness to the way they have dealt with my less than perfect first experience with their scopes. Despite my initial issues, I feel they're committed to getting it right, at least for me personally.

Fire away.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 05/14/14.