Winchesterpoor: My local pawn/sport shop has a Leupold straight 10 power scope in on consignment sale.
The asking price is $300.00 and IIRC it has an extended elevation knob added.
It has the Du-Plex reticle and has an "H" prefix which means it was manufactured in 1977 (34 years old!)!
That consignment price is approximately 2 1/2 times what that scope sold for new!
The same consignee brought in a Leupold straight 12 power scope at the same time but that scope has sold already.
I offered $225.00 on the 10 power but that offer was rejected by the consignee.
It amazes me how well good condition Leupold scopes hold their values and in many cases APPRECIATE in value.
I have owned many, many dozens of Leupold scopes and did indeed enjoy the older 7.5, 8, 10, 12, 16 and 20 power Leupolds from days gone buy.
I also still have a couple of very old Leupold "Westerner" scopes on vintage Varminters - these scopes will make your jaw drop (when properly focused) because of the clarity of the image!
These Westerners were straight 8 power scopes with the first version of Leupolds adjustable objective system.
I know these "Westerner's" were available in the 1950's just not sure when they started and stopped manufacture.
I see on page 59 of the 2,014 Leupold catalog that an interested party can buy a Leupold FX-2 8x40mm A/O (straight 8 power) scope directly from Leupolds Custom Shop.
This scope apparently has an extended elevation knob - not sure about the windage knob.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Company!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy