Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by safariman
Thanks, I had an in home DR visit/exam on Wed of this week and need to get my Dyalysis port put in soon. I am looking forward to feeling better when my bloood gets cleaned out thouroughly for a change. Then, after (hopefully) a Kidney Transplant. Sherri is doing GREAT! Thank you for asking.

FWIW, 14.8 and 15.0 gr of AA#9 did zero, zip for more speed over my chronograph. I figured that at those levels I was just using powder and upping the pressuure with no real benefit so the 14.6 was, in my 5 inch gun, a sweet spot of sorts. Almost no shot to shot variation in velocity, and a true 1 inch at 25 years accuracy load in my RIA 10mm.

Do you mind sharing with me, via PM perhaps, your heavier bullet load?

Blessings abundant,

MARK

I'm loading 14.8 with my 180 XTP's & 14.5 with my 200 gr XTP's. Both my Glock 20 & my Kimber Match 10 are shooting 5 shots into 1" @ 25 yards off of a sandbag, with both the 180's & 200's. I would expect that kind off accuracy from my Kimber & Les Baer 10mm's, but who the heck would have thought an ugly ole stock Glock 20 would be that accurate!
Needless to say, my Glock 20 won't EVER be for sale! It's my go to gun when I'm bow hunting in the lower 48 where black bears & mountain lions are in abundance.

Prayers on the way to find you a new Kidney!

I thought you did not publish your top loads here.

Info here for the open forum.

Per my "AA RED BOOK" (Number one, 1994):

Gun: HS Precision
Barrel Length 5"
Primer CCI 300
Case HDY
Max Length 0.992"
Trim Length 0.984
OAL Max 1.260"
OAL MIN 1.240"
SAAMI Maximum Average Pressure for the 10mm Auto is 37,500 P.S.I.

Using AA#9 MAXIMUM LOADS ----**

HDY 180 XTP -- 13.5gr -- 1242fps -- 34,100 PSI

HDY 200 XTP -- 12.5gr -- 1170fps -- 37,000 PSI

Just saying.

PS: Safariman-- good luck on finding a new kidney.

** Data listed here was double checked for accuracy.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.