Looks like an expanded version of the Tecomate, available in additional chamberings. I'm fairly sure Beretta USA was the importer for the Tecomate, but am unsure who is the importer of the Cabela's version. Regardless, no different than my wonderful Cabela's exclusive "Dickinson" shotgun, the importer, not Cabela's, handles any needed warranty repairs. The importer, be it Beretta, or if someone else, will have a service in place to handle such work, if it is needed.

The Beretta imported Sako A7 Tecomate was given the 2011 Outdoor Life Editor's Choice Award and was rated "A" for workmanship, "A" for performance, "A-" for accuracy, and "A-" for value. This Cabela's version appears to be the same build on the A7, but in different traditional chamberings.

I have a safe full of Sako rifles, to include two A7s, one in 30-06, and one in 243win. Both are the original series, pre-soft touch. Accuracy and reliability have been top shelf from both. Though they are fairly light, they are not finicky and easily manage tiny groups from numerous factory loads.

I do not have the Bell and Carlson stock used on the Cabela's/Tecomate version, but I'd see no trouble placing the scope axis at the proper height to match the height of your master eye when the rifle is mounted. With my first generation stocks, both rifles fit darn near like they were custom fit to my dimensions. One uses Talley UL mounts, the other uses LEU QRW mounts. Apparently, I must have an identical twin brother employed by Sako to determine their rifle fit.

The first generation version of the A7 were a huge bang for the buck. This Bell and Carlson stocked version with the fluted barrel bumps the price up a good notch and would have me considering a Sako Finnlight. For me, purchasing this version of the Tecomate would depend upon how good a bargain I could get from Cabela's.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood