Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Absolutely Jeff. On torso size targets I'm faster with irons at 100 yards or so because I don't see as much wobble as I do with a dot. Shrink the target to about 8" and a dot is faster for me. Let me put my 1-6 on about 2.5 and I'll smoke them.

My fastest run with irons was 6.xx. Dot was 7.xx. A buddy had magnification and ran it in just under 5. That's pretty dang fast for five hits at 100.

DJones-On steel each target has to get a hit. If you leave a steel unshot it's a 20 second penalty, which will ruin an entire match, so you've gotta hit them all. But you can shoot as much as you want, the penalty for misses is the time it takes you to shoot again. Which in itself is a big penalty. On an array of five targets, if you're sending more than seven shots you're screwing up. It's not so bad if you call a miss and immediately shoot again. But if you transition to another target and then have to come back to a miss you're screwed.

Everybody thinks it's all "spray and pray". And for the guys at the middle of the pack that's a worthwhile strategy. But if you wanna win there's VERY little room for any error, because the guy ahead of you isn't missing at all.

are you using flip up irons or like the A2 sights? That brake is pretty amazing.