Thanks Las, she is thinking SE Alaska still and not a completely remote bush village. I am still working on her. This morning on my hour long drive to work I was contemplating something. I have experience in electrical assembly and repair ( chips,boards, etc.) I also have a few friends that do SS welding hanging from a crane and one that owns a machine shop that specializes in all types of metal work. Couple that with my other experience I wonder if I could get on with a gas/oil company doing repair work. I imagine it is a little rough if they fly you somewhere for a few weeks and your away form the family but I am wondering if the pay would be better. I have reinvented myself a few times over already. I am also certain we will never be able to retire no matter how much we make. Three kids are expensive and I am too much of a busy body to slow down so. I will start trying to figure out which companies in the oil industry to look at and where she could get a biologist or teaching job. We both love Ketchikan and maybe if we can get there and stay for a few years we can explore other parts of AK.