I've had it so long I don't really remember all the details....but I originally ordered it from some outfit in Nevada. It was billed as "The Cheater". The current version works a lot better than it did when new.
Originally Posted by Aught6
Originally Posted by plainview
[Linked Image]

We've used this receiver hitch crane for at least 15 years. I've loaded countless deer, elk, antelope and even a moose with it. We usually hunt in snowy conditions so it's easier to drag an animal close to the truck. We also do a lot of ranch hunting so even if you have to walk several miles to find the game it's possible to return later with a truck.

The whole crane breaks down into component pieces for transport. It originally came with cable loops, but my BIL (who is an excellent metalworker) replaced those with pulleys and added a circular Teflon collar at the base for ease of rotation.

That's my son with a 300 lb whitetail from 2006.

Where did you get that rig? Or, did you build it. That would be dandy for recovering and butchering out in the field.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"