I don't see the point in paying so much extra for a piston driven system on an AR platform. IMO, the direct impingement system isn't broken and therefore doesn't need to be fixed.

If you want top tier that's great. LMT has a good reputation for reliability and durability but I've never handled any of their gear. If you are willing to spend that kind of money your options are wide open. If it were me I'd spend much less than that on the rifle and use the extra cash for the exact optic I wanted for the rifle.

It would be a shot in the dark to suggest an alternative without knowing more of what kinds of things you want to do with your AR. There is a configuration for every niche of shooting, some are good at covering many of them. Give us more on what applications you realistically see yourself using the AR for and you'll get a myriad of worthwhile suggestions of rifle, accessory, and optic configurations. Given your assumed budget based on the msrp of the aforementioned rifle you will get some fun suggestions.

I have an idea of the kind of rifle/optic I'd have with a $2300 budget but I'm not you.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine