The current optilock ringmounts use clamp screws having the same torx head and rating as the action screws which can withstand torque settings much greater than the specified torque used for scope mounting. I've removed and retorqued mine enough times to last a lifetime of mounting and they show no sign of wear. They are not soft. Neither the A7 nor the Ruger can hold a candle to the 85 mounting system, especially if used in combination with the new ringmounts.

If the spring tension on the extractor needs tuning, why not just fix it, it clearly works exceptionally well when the extractor has proper tension. Same with a full length claw extractor on a 70 or 98, if the tension is off having a weak hold on the cartridge case, you'd make an adjustment. The 85 uses a simple coil spring, not too complicated. If it is barely holding the cartridge case so the standing ejector pushes the case straight up and through the claw, then tighten it up so the claw has enough hold to flip the case toward its position. It works fabulously when in tune. It is a box stock production line rifle, so it may need some vetting and tweaking, like most any production rifle. But it is clearly uber reliable and feeds as slick as the best of customs when in tune.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood