So I ordered in three of these actions--one for me, one for my father, and one for someday.

Quite a bit of variation in the three. One is pretty nice. The bolt is polished, rather than blued, and by the feel of it, the action has had some hand work. The second is just medium, functions, but nothing fancy. The third will not function. Just like TC1's, the bolt will not lift out of the notch if the firing pin is down.

The finish below the waterline is rough, and above it is none too great. Some time with 400 grit paper will improve that.

For the price I think these are a great deal. I have spent as much as these actions cost to get a Gentry 3-position safety fitted. I have spent more than the cost of these actions on just bottom metal. I think these are better than the Zastava actions imported in recent years. They will take some handwork and fitting--an investment in labor that simply can not be justified in actions selling at this price point.

I think that when the finished rifles start appearing, there will be people who wished they had bought one when they had the chance.