Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Great shot! Where did it exit and how big was the hole?

It's a "trust your data" story.

Sighted in on Friday before I left and shot to 760 where my groups were a couple of tenths low with the data I was using. I figured I'd just go with the printed data on the scope anyway and just add a couple of clicks if I was shooting at anything this range.

This is where the "watch" comes in handy. Pressure was a little lower at the location and it made the printed data on the scope perfect. I still dialed in 2/10's more when I took the shot.

The antelope was directly facing me at 840. You can imagine how it looked with just a frontal chest shot offered. I held about .25 mil of wind right and when the trigger broke, the thing went down on the spot.

Another funny thing is that it was a long walk to get to him after gathering gear. Halfway there vultures already had him spotted and were about to land! Had to scare them off.

Anyway, the bullet hit him in the throat of the neck and exited the rear. It was a little high due to dialing the extra clicks and the fact that the pressure was lower.

Trust your data!

[Linked Image]

I passed on this goat below the first day about 30 minutes into the hunt. Could have shot him out of the truck window like a prairie dog off of the mirror at 250 yards. I couldn't do it. It would have been anticlimactic. This gentleman that my friend was guiding connected with him at 600 Saturday evening...

[Linked Image]

It was a beautiful evening and the ranch was awesome!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.