Swifty,

That's pretty much how I've felt about H335 ever since Benchmark and TAC appeared, but a lot of people keep using 335.

I slightly prefer TAC to Benchmark because it meters better, due to being a ball powder, and contains a de-coppering agent. Though those advantages are most obvious in the .17 Fireball and .204 Ruger, which I happen to prefer over the .223 for most varminting.

Have also burned enough CFE223, 8208, IMR4895, X-Terminator, AR-Comp, H322, H4198, LT-32, A2015, A2200, A5744, Varmint, RL-10X, RL-15, Varget and IMR4320 in various .223's to know that (as Seafire noted) a whole pile of powders will work. It's not a picky cartridge.

But back in the day I also used plenty of H335, enough to know it will work despite the disadvantages. No doubt it's the main reason some older prairie dog shooters still stop and scrub out their barrels every 50 rounds or so, no matter what powder they use. If somebody has a pile of H335 they might as well use it up, though they might want to stock up on powder solvent before starting.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck