You know on second thought I don't think I will defend gunshows again here like I usually do, I will just relay how happy I was that I got up early Saturday morning loaded up my stuff and two mature (old!) gun-nuts and headed north to the Whitehall, Montana gunshow.
We got there just at the opening and I sped around the small show coming to a screeching halt at a table with a MINT condition Remington 541-T heavy barrel laying on it!
The price was $425.00 and that would have been fair enough but I just had to haggle.
I ended up getting the nifty little Rifle for $360.00 cash and the table holder threw in a ten shot magazine (to go with the factory five shotter) and a gun case to boot.
The trigger on this 541-T is right at perfect and rather light.
That should work perfect for what I have in mind for it.
Gopher Hunting!
I plan on mounting a Leupold 6x18 variable with A/O on it.
I stopped at my LGS on the way back from the show and ordered a set of Leupold bases for it.
I have plenty of rings on hand already.
I was so excited with my find there at the show that I let a Leupold M-8 straight 6 power scope slip by me ($170.00!)!
I have shot a number of Remington 541's over the years and they all have shot well.
I will have to train myself to learn to live with the cheap, funky plastic magazines again though!
The barrel code indicates January 1994 manufacture - hard to imagine how a 20 1/2 year old gun has stayed in such pristine condition for so long?
I will let you all know how this 541-T shoots as soon as the bases get here.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy