The model 742 thread got me to thinking about my still unfired 35 Whelen 7600 pump gun in the safe. I have long been jonesing for a 35 whelen and the fact that I can get this rifle from safe and legal on a vehicle to firin and flingin quickly was a factor in my decision since I now have completed the proper paperwork and have the bright orange placard to hunt from my truck or ATV, but not with the rifle being loaded while it is being transported on said "motorized vehicle" in this state.

I have read about the exploits of the Benoit family who use these rifles religiously in pretty bad weather for many years so I thought them to be likely pretty reliable.

Never fired one or owned one, probably going to shoot this one in the next couple of days, what do I need to know about it going forward?

Yeah, hell must be a little cooler today, as a push feed plunger ejector spring clip extractor rifle sitting in an aftermarket synthetic stock and a cerrakoted finish has now found its way into my safe wink And its cartridge, with appropriate booleetz will never get anywhere near 3,000 fps! As if that were not enough, I have purchased some plain jane Hornaday cup and core 250gr slugs for it, sigh.... Early Alzheimers perhaps? What could have bedeviled me so! grin

FWIW, I am topping it with a Burris 1.5-6 30mm tube scope. German No 4 Plex heavy reticle in Warne QD 30mm steel rings, four screws per ring set up.

If I like this rifle very much, I am going to have to change my signature line! crazy

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500