Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am from central Georgia, where we had plenty of copperheads, along with rattlesnakes, and lots and lots of water moccasins in the Oconee River swamps.
Up here in the wilderness of the NC mountains, no rattlers or water moccasins. But we do have copperheads.

Like someone said, I have had quite a few snakes on my propane tank. Have hardly ever seen a snake on my 48 acres, on the ground.
See, Mrs. Mouse likes to build a nest on top of the propane tank. The snakes climb up there to eat the mice, and then they stick around.
I have caught 2 corn snakes and 3 black snakes under that propane tank lid.
One time, there was a corn snake and a black snake up there together, I'm not sure what they were up to but I think it is illegal here in the Deep South.
Gotta be careful with the corn snake, color is almost identical to the copperhead. The tell-tale difference is, the corn snake's head is the same diameter as the body, where the copperhead has the arrow head shaped head, and is about twice as wide as the body.

Over the years I have killed 2 copperheads that I caught on the tank but it bothered me.
I just don't like to kill one of God's creatures if I can help it.
So I got my snake tongs off of ebay. Now it is "catch and release."

You're half right. There are Rattlesnakes up here, just nowhere near as many as there are Copperheads.

-Brian-
Whatever you do, do well.