My friend had some minor headspace issues with a newer 99 with a thumb safety. He took it to D&D Gunsmiths in Michigan. They cut a thread and used at 300 Savage Chamber reamer to recut the chamber. Then they had to reset the forearm lug. Turned out to be more than $70. It did get rid of the slight buldge he was getting just in front of the extraction groove. I handloaded some of my Pet Loads for him to try and it shot about 1 inch group at 100 yards. Which was an improvement over the factory loads with the old chamber. I really did not think it was worth the effort. My 99F will also produced a very slight buldge above the extraction groove with factory ammo which I don't use any more. No problems or issues with hand loads. I can get about 7 reloads out of a case before they develop neck splits. No reason to load the 300 Savage Hot! 40.6 grains of Reloder 15 with a 150 grain Sierra Pro Hunter is a 1 inch group shooter at 100 meters with many dead Michigan deer over the years. Great round for Michigan Hunting. Typical shot is about 100 yards.