OK, guys/gals....I've always been a bolt action kinda guy, but I always had a wanting fer a lever gun (just 1). I didn't want a 30-30 so when I found a 1963 Marlin 336 in 35 REM at a good price I snatched it up! When it was shipped, they shipped it w/ the scope off it (it was on it when they pictured it) so I knew I had to sight it in. Got the scope (not sure what kind, seems like the same era fixed power no markings) mounted and went and threw some lead out this AM. I bought some ammo off a friend that were probably from the same era (had a $4.95 price sticker when new) in 200 grain.

I have never shot a lever action, NEVER!!! I enjoyed the heck outta it!!! 1st 3 shots were from 25 yards just to be on target. 1st shot was about 7 from center, adjust then 3 from center, adjust and dead center..... Went back to 50 and let my son shoot off a few rounds and he was about 7-8 inches high. So then I took the rifle and shot 5 rounds w/out any more adjustments from 25. I think I'll leave it alone and was very very pleased, even w/ that scope!!! I didn't think I'd hunt w/ it too much but I may have just changed that!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]