I want to share a few tips for backpack hunters I have picked up and ask others to do the same. Please chime in. Your tip may seem trivial to you but someone will find it useful. Here goes a few of mine:

SIT ON BOTTOM OF BACKPACK
If you put your sleeping bag in the bottom of your backpack, you can sit on the bottom of the pack without breaking anything. It provides a dry clean comfortable seat to glass or when taking a break.

MOUNTAIN HOUSE SLEEPING BAG WARMER
After eating a Mountain House meal, the container can be rinsed out and filled with warm water. This makes a great warmer for your sleeping bag and a good foot or hand warmer. You do have to be careful with it, but if closed properly, they are pretty tough to break open.

USE MUMMY BAG AS A QUILT
I don't like the feel of a mummy bag but it is the compromise of light weight and warmth. However, on nights that are not real cold, you can use it as a quilt. I put my feet in the foot box and leave the bag unzipped. It is much more comfortable to me.

SMART WATER BOTTLES
I think these are the perfect water bottle. They are tough, lightweight, fairly quiet, and cheap. Too, they slide in and out of a backpack pocket pretty easily.

WEAR LAYERS TO BED
I wear extra layers of warm clothes to bed. This requires me to carry a lighter sleeping bag and it makes it easier to crawl out of the sack in the morning. Midnight nature calls are easier also when you are warm.