Got my deer! I think from now on I'm sighting in for 100 or 150 yards and heres why.

took 1 shot off hand at about 120 yards. The deer dropped instantly with a ton of white fur flying up in the air like I had shot a bird. I was more than impressed. Then the deer got up and started dragging its rear end so I knew I had a hit in the rear. I shot a 2nd time through the lungs and he dropped instantly again and stay down.

When I got to the deer I saw a huge grazing wound above the rear most spine and a high double lung shot. The spine shot shocked him and paralized his rear half. the 2nd shot killed him.

[Linked Image]

after dragging him 3/4 of a mile back to my car, I got him home and hung and started inspecting the damage.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

apparently 3" high at 100 yard put the shots on the spine and would have been half way down the deer if I went 3" down from where they hit. The bullets performed great, but my shots where high and that's why I will bring my zero closer than 200 yards next time.

Now for the bullet performance:
The lung shot hit the top of both lungs severing the spine at the same time. both lungs were jello. The entrance and exit holes in the skin where both the size of a penny, but the entrance and exit through the inside ribs where the size of a lemon. Impressive performance if you ask me, but I would keep the bullet away from the meat you want to eat, not because of blood shot, but because of the shear size of the internal holes. I will be using this bullet next year sighted in closer to get proper bullet placement.