I'm 65 and grew up reading Keith and O'Conner. I enjoyed both but leaned towards Keith because he spent a lot of time and money experimenting with rifles,handguns and shotguns. Just look at all of the wildcat cartridges he (with others) developed. If Keith wrote something he believed what he wrote because he had tested it.
A lot of people think that the Winchester Model 70 is one of the best rifles ever built and Elmer had some input on it's design.
I also think that Elmer and Jacks feud was over blown. They even hunted together on occasion.
[Linked Image]
This group is: Top Row, L to R; Bill Edwards(Guns), John Amber(Gun Digest), Pete Kuhlhoff(Argosy), Warren Page(Field&Stream), Jack O�Connor(Outdoor Life), Elmer Keith(Guns). Bottom Row, L to R; Ray Ovington(Guns&Game), Larry Koller(Guns&Hunting), Tom Siatos(Guns&Ammo), Pete Brown(Sports Afield), Jack Seville(Sports Afield).

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson, 1776