Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
I have a Montana and a Classic Select in 7-08. While not target guns, both unmodified guns are accurate enough for the deer hunting I do.

I think the horror stories and especially the caliber specific stories, are a bunch of hooey. I've heard those same stories about Kimbers chambered in 260. I have Kimbers in 257 Roberts, 260, 7-08 and 25-06 and the 260 is the most accurate of all.

Gee, I may "need" one in 308....

this 260 is the only Kimber ive owned, traded into it but its a good shooter....the group opens up as the barrel warms up(keep meaning to bed it and see if it wont settle this down some)....first two shots usually touch if not damn near go into the same hole but a 5 shot group is somewhere between 1 and 1.5MOA depending on load(it loves 120 grain TSX's)....way more than good enough for the distances i shoot and its a joy to pack....one of the few guns i never plan on selling...modern version of the sweet little 256 Mannlicher killing machine hunters the world over loved 100 years ago as being wonderful to pack i read about in all my old books....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books