Thanks to all for perspective and suggestions!

FWIW, this will be a three-for-all adventure, the twins and their dad. My boy and I are of the same mind on the project, that it will open some doors with hands on in a way they haven't experienced. I think it would be great if they turned into Loonies, but then I wouldn't gripe if one became a machinist and the other a wood carver. They are both high functioning sorts with longish attention spans. Their dad is possessed in the way that only and engineer can be possessed. He has been doing a lot of classified work for DoD on the subject of munitions...a little retrograde thinking will be good for him.

Joe, the Crockett was the one that caught my eye early on. As Cap said it provides options as much as challenges, without requiring advanced skills. I intend to provide them with a book or two on the subject of gun craft along with the kit and I think the Crockett from Traditions will do just fine. Only question I have about that squirrel rifle is what size cap? 11 I hope, as I have a bunch.

Thanks again,

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain