Originally Posted by readonly
It is not difficult to identify a deer standing in the clear at 100 yards. It's not like it appears as little brown smudge that needs further glassing to determine it's a deer.

My criteria for shooting a buck is age class not rack score and I can tell that within 100 yards so there is no need to study a buck before dropping it.

But I will always check the forehead of a lone doe before dropping it. It only takes a second.

From this statement and others you have made.....I don't understand why you're saying you need a $2,500 scope.

Originally Posted by readonly
Doubtful only if you do not place a premium on clarity or have never actually experienced the matter in the field. Which is you?

Dropping an anterless deer at 100 yards, last light...does it matter if it's a button or a doe? That level of clarity can absolutely hang in the balance.

And you also said you don't point your rifle....therefore....don't ID game with your scope. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Either you need something other than your bare eyes or you don't.

Color me......confused with a sorry-azzed Leupold 6x42 scope that apparently doesn't work in low light.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless