Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
I recently bought a 6.8 upper from Iron Works Tactical, they are active on the 6.8 forums and a sponsor over at Predatormasters. I had priced barrels, components etc at various places and was going to build it myself, but they had everything I wanted at a fair price assembled.

16" scout profile ARP barrel, Aero upper receiver, ARP superbolt, 13" troy alpha rail. I put a VXR 3-9x40 on it, and it weighs something like 8.25 lb. Plenty handy for me.

It shoots 120SST factory hornady around 2450 fps according to my chrony, I set it at about 2" high at 100 for 200yd zero. I have only shot it to sight in, went hunting once with it on Thanksgiving. I shot a 200lb sow at 50yds just behind the shoulder. Punched ribcage and dropped her where she stood, no exit. I like it so far...

No exit, that would scare me and I'd start looking for a better bullet or even a better round...

7.62x39 with a 125 ballistic tip will leave an exit on pigs up to the biggest I've tapped with it so far, 75ish yards and 278 on the scale.. with not thin shields.

Of course SSTs are fragile to start with IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....