Quote from Rowland website: "In order to prevent our high-pressure round from being chambering and fired from guns that may not be up to the task, the .460 Rowland�s shell casing is 1/16 of an inch longer than a standard .45 ACP cartridge. Due to their identical overall length, however, an Authentic .460 Rowland Conversion will reliably feed and fire standard .45 ACP cartridges from standard .45 ACP magazines; just like the .357 Magnum feeds and fires the .38 Special� only bigger� much bigger."
If the 460 Rowland case is 1/16" longer than a 45 ACP, I do not see how a 45 ACP would fire in a Rowland chamber because the case headspaces on the rim of the case. Perhaps the ACP case sitting 1/16th of an inch deeper in the Rowland chamber can still be reached by the firing pin?
The other issue is the heavier recoil spring required in the Rowland conversion. Will the slide still cycle fully with a lighter recoil impulse of a 45 ACP considering the heavier spring and the greater mass of the compensator?
Any information about the carbine referred to on the website?
I have a 460 Rowland Clark 1911 conversion as well as a Mec Tec carbine. Both are great but I have never tried a 45 ACP round in either firearm. With a 230 grain flat point lead bullet, I chronographed 1370 fps from the sidearm with AA7 loads from Accurate provided reloading data.