Originally Posted by johnw
Cool Thread, Pugs...

20 some years back, my wife, kids and I were calling around trying to find an open restaurant on Christmas Eve. Small town here, and the only place open was a family owned Chinese (Cantonese) place.
Even though it is a small town, the Chinese place is widely recognized as a world class establishment.

My wife made the comment, all those years ago, that we should make a tradition of eating at Fung Ming on Christmas Eve.
We have done so, and have enjoyed inviting a number of friends and extended family often through the years.

Christmas day is the big day for our family, but everyone who makes our Christmas eve dinner there goes away having had fun and enjoying a tremendous meal.

A couple of other families in the community have picked up on the tradition. One family in particular we see there every year, now.

If you go, order some soup, some egg rolls, and some crab rangoon. For your main course, I recommend the House Special Cantonese Style Chow Mein.

MMM mmmm...

my wife's father married a chinese woman later in life and with the split family we always spent Xmas eve with them so his wife and daughters would make a huge chinese dinner for us.

he passed but we've kept the tradition. Got $90 worth of takeout Xmas eve at the local place and had a fine meal at home.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings