Originally Posted by ULA24
Originally Posted by pal
I wouldn't buy a Portuguese Winchester. Not when you can buy the real thing (a pre-'64 FWT) for $700.

[Linked Image]

Where are they for that cheap price?

I haven't read thru all of BobinNH post, but wanted to let you guys know there are still some good deals out there to be had on pre 64 model 70's. Since pal brought up fwt's I bought 2 that were in the $800.00 ball park. First one my favorite 30-06 fwt (made in '56):

$800.00 took her home:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very clean and all original....

Next was a 308 fwt that I didn't really care for. I tried to like the 308 win cartridge, but don't like the short cartridge at all. $900.00 with scope:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Later sold the Kollmorgen bear cub scope and cool Buhler adjusto mount for $175.00. Total into the rifle was $900.00-$175.00= $725.00. Rifle was in nice all original condition and was a first year production fwt. There are deals out there to be had, you just got to know where to find them wink ... These are just 2 deals I've had. I won't go into detail about the other ones, since pal and ula only mention fwt..... whistle I have to add this very valid point: I've had many FN's. Had being the operative word....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA