Until I can find the bullet that the 26 Nosler was built around (129 ABLR), I'm using what I can find.

So far, my bud and I have killed 4 doe and several hogs, using 140 NAB, 140 NPT and 120 E-Tip.

Earlier in the season, a couple of chest shot doe ran, hit with a 140 NAB and a 140 NPT, just not that far.

This weekend, I killed a 180# sow at 186 yd. with a shot to the shoulder, 120 E-Tip at 3,450 fps. She dropped in her tracks, the bullet pulverizing her heart and busting up one shoulder. It exited slightly behind the far shoulder.

A 130# doe was killed that same afternoon. She stepped out of the woods at 80 yds., slightly at an angle. She was acting nervous and I didn't want to wait too long before taking the shot. I aimed for the heart, the bullet striking the front of the right shoulder and exiting just behind the left shoulder. The heart was pulverized, the hit shoulder damaged enough I discarded it. At impact she whirled to run into the woods, made it about 8-10 feet. Good exit wound, plenty of messed up tissue.

My bud killed two hogs at around 100 yds., both sows, 160 and 175#'s, with pigs. He was using his 26 Nosler, shooting 140 gr. Partitions. Both hogs were DRT.

Bottom line: From what I've observed examining these carcasses, there seems to be little difference in killing effect, wound channel damage and exits with these three bullets. The E-Tips were moving faster at 3.450 vs. the Partitions and Accubonds, at around 3,300 fps.

Partitions, reportedly, have a bit more shrapnel effect than Accubonds and, of course, the E-Tips have no shrapnel to speak of. No recovery of any of these bullets, which is OK. They performed as advertised.

The new 142 ABLR may be an interesting bullet for the 26 Nosler. I've read that the ABLR's may be a bit softer than the std. NAB for easier mushrooming at LR and lower velocity.

Then, there are the Matrix 129, 142, 150, and 160 VLD's, they also offer bonded hunting bullets. Don't forget about the Scenar 123, 136L and 139. It'll take a bunch of deer and hogs to check them all out...

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 01/18/15.