Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I like Ballistol better than WD-40 for guns, but use a lot of WD-40. Ballistol won't gum up with BP like WD-40, it's a non petrol product unlike WD-40

Not gummy if you are meaning sticky, but more like a grease instead of an oil after it sits awhile in my experience.

Been using it close to 20 years(including some Lowe's Home Improvement stores clearanced for cheap after apparently not going over well in that market), but never really was happy with it's performance until I read about using it in a manner similar to seasoning and caring for cast iron. In the past, I would use various cleaners along with it and it didn't seem to do anything better than anything else. About 2 years ago I followed the advice and cleaned the bore and everything else down to bare metal and used Ballistol only after that and have been very impressed to say the least.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn