Agreed. Same experience here. It's never been a problem or prevented recovering an animal IME, but these tougher bullets seem to expand less - especially on softer tissue impact.

Killed a 5 1/2 year old hill country buck the other day with a 100gr Hornady Interlock out of my 243. Broke both shoulders, and didn't get an exit - bullet was under the hide on the off shoulder - but he only made two jumps and fell dead 10 yards from where he was shot.

My daughter made the same shot on a big doe a couple of days later with a 70g TSX out of her 223, and the doe went 60-70 yards plowing with her nose before she went down. Got an exit (like always) and saw her fall, and didn't backtrack on her blood trail, but it would have required a little effort to find her if we'd been in thick brush.

Seems there are always tradeoffs, and I sure like putting them down right now, but I also like two holes and not having to worry about tough angles if they are presented on a shot one needs to take.

Since I usually shoot shoulders or mid to high behind the shoulder, the TTSX is dandy. Even if I can't take out both shoulders, I'll usually try to hit one going in or out - prefer to hit bone on entrance - definitely seems to kill them quicker. High behind the shoulder usually drops them right there.

DJ