I get a kick out of guys asking for others to help decide on cartridge and/or rifle choice!

I haven't hunted with everything out there, but have a pretty good idea what will/would work for me.
For example, I have hunted with the .308 and the .243, but not with the .260 or the 7-08. I do believe that I could decide for myself how these cartridges might work out for me.

And I've hunted with the 25-06 and the 30-06, but never the .270 or .280. Still, I think that my knowledge of bullet construction and my experiences warrant me making my own decisions, even if that knowledge is less than encyclopaedic.

If I were looking for a rifle today, I'd first check on availability of brass for the chamberings I was interested in. Some stuff seems seasonal. Other stuff is simply in high demand and you gotta be quick on the trigger in deciding on an order when you find it.

I'm all ears(?) when it comes to reading about what you chose and how you arrived at that decision. Really interested in how it works out for you, as well.

"Chances Will Be Taken"