Originally Posted by JGRaider
I do have a couple of questions if anyone knows:

1. This ER5 line seems to be of lighter weight. How was this achieved?
2. Which american company is doing assembly?
3. How/where will warranty be handled, US or Germany?
4. Assuming warranty is still original owner only?

Thanks.

1. That I don't know and it's a good question. They make it very clear that their goal(s) were focused on their reputation for durability. I'm not sure that the specs for weight on their site are correct because someone asked about the weights of the two lower power models being inconsistent. The 2-10x50 sure doesn't indicate that corners were cut on weight as I think it was listed at 20 or 22 ounces which seems about right for other euro makers of scopes in that configuration.

2. I asked and they won't say. I don't believe that they are assembling them at their corporate facility though.

3. USA warranty. Don't know why they would send something back to Germany that was assembled here, but some manufacturers want to see why something broke and not just patch them up and send them back to the customer. I know if I had a problem I'd want the guys who designed them to take a look and see if anything needed to be improved before they kept production going and having an issue continue.

4. I think it says it somewhere in the link I posted.

JG, as a side note and because you've asked before, I think the reticles are a little thicker too. I would welcome that as well.