Bill had the same thing happening with a big spike chasing a doe. Rick and Neil had slow action, no bucks. it really got warm that afternoon, over 70 degrees and the evening action was slow. I did not see anything, Bill changed stands hunting thick woods and had a dozen or more deer bust out of a thicket when the wind changed on him. Rick never saw the cull buck, and Neil killed another doe. I think we just missed the rut but still had an awesome trip, 1 buck, 5 does, and 3 hogs and we hunted less than half the farm. Great accommodations, and food, and fellowship.
I want to thank Anita for being a wonderful host and being kind enough to share much of her farm and family history with me. This is a picture of the old Ruzic family store that sits below the guest house. Anita told me it had a pot belly wood stove and the hunt club would gather there in the morning before running dogs for deer. Wish I had a time machine to go back and experience one of those weekends.
[Linked Image]
Meanwhile, I'll wait till next Jan. and return for another deer and pig weekend.