Originally Posted by scouttracker
Anyone recommend a decent muzzle brake for a 300 win mag?

Thanks

http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/ROSS_SCHULERS_PAGE.php

You've already started to get some responses from those in the "No muzzle brakes ever" camp, most who have never shot a rifle with a muzzle brake, pay no attention to them. Muzzle brakes are very simple, they cut recoil considerably but they're loud. It's up to you whether or not the increase in noise is worth it for the decrease in recoil. In my case I have them on two rifles, both prairie dog rifles with very little recoil to begin with but for the purpose of letting me spot the hits in the scope. I don't shoot them without hearing protection. Shooting them with hearing protection is very nice, the recoil is almost non-existent and you can shoot all day without impact.

If you do shoot them with hearing protection then they're very nice, they cut recoil a lot and make shooting a lot more fun. I can shoot a heavy recoiling rifle as well as any other, but more than a few shots isn't fun. Muzzle brakes help a lot to fix that. My guess is that those who hate muzzle brakes don't shoot much and are just parroting what they've read on the web.