GENE WILLIAMS - "I've got Blackhawks in 41 and 44 mag and a Taurus Titantium Tracker in 41 mag .

Not sure about the tracker in 44, but in 41 the heaviest bullets can't be used . Cylinder is too short ."

G.W., I've been shooting .41 Mag. for many years, both S&W 57 and Blackhawk. (Plus in a Marlin 1894S, but that doesn't count for this conversation.)

Why do you want "the heaviest bullets" in a .41 Mag.???

I guarantee you that a Beartooth Bullets, 265 grains G.C. LBT bullet, or the Cast Performance 255 grains G.C. LBT bullet, will efficiently down virtually anything in the lower 48, and both will fit nicely in your Blackhawk.

On the Beartooth Bullets site, you can read about how one hunter killed a Musk Ox north of the Arctic Circle. Used a .41 Magnum and the 265 grains G.C. bullet. Shot through-'n-through the Musk Ox, and it went down right there. That's pretty good performance, in my book.

I've never seen any practical use for "heavier bullets" than a 265 grains bullet in the .41 Mag., but that's just my opinion.

Good luck.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)