Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
If you found DBC and DGS that ineffective against corrosion, it was likely applied incorrectly. IME it has been absolutely effective, including on a rifle that was in a house fire and looked like it had been pulled out of Davey Jones' locker. The residue wiped out of the bore with one patch. The rest of the rifle took a bunch of elbow grease, oil, steel wool, etc.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this Jordan. I know it was applied properly. As a matter of fact I did a 4th coat on the one test gun I experiemented with the DGS product on. The metal was thoroughly cleaned and degreased prior and only touched with nitrile gloves. It did indeed slick up the metal as they claim and it also kept surface rust at bay for a while. I purposely did not oil the metal just to test the stuff and after a few hunts the rig developed surface rust. I talked to them about it and was told to put more on it the next time.

As to the UBC application, I went over and beyond their recommendations for cleaning. Polished the heck out of them and powder solvent and CR10 patches came out the same as they went in. Degreased the heck out of them with DA, dried and applied more that called for(it was dripping out the muzzles). Waited longer than required and shot more curing rounds than required yadda yadda. First hunt in 100% humidity(light rain as well) revealed light rust in the bore. It wiped right out, but proved to me the stuff is not the best for weatherproofing CM. I don't doubt it's usefullness, but it ain't waterproofing CM.

You have to realize that we get lots of humidity down here. My guns commonly look like a cold coke can on a hot summer day while hunting. Hence my comment on even SS rusting a bit. That said, while hunting in less humid areas, I've not had much of an issue with CM.