Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=greydog]I can honestly say there has been no piece of equipment introduced in the last fifty years which has changed my hunting experience in the least. I don't use a rangefinder or GPS. I hope to never own a cell phone. I wear better boots than I used to and I having some cooking gear which is pretty good. I have a lightweight stove but usually carry the old heavy one because I like it. My binoculars are better but my eyes are worse so that's a wash!
I agree with Jim re the ATVs and consider them to be an instrument of the devil. GD

No modern stuff to speak of yet you are on a computer on a forum on the internet. LOL.

Yet the internet forum has done absolutely nothing to alter my hunting experiences. When it comes to information which is available on the 'net, I think I can honestly say I give more than I take. In essence, the internet is entertainment, just like television, only interactive. I should add here; I give information about hunting and target rifles and gunsmithing techniques; I know quite a bit about these subjects. When it comes to hunting, I only know about walking a lot while carrying a rifle as an accessory item.
I do use one modern item; I have one of those telescoping walking sticks which I kind of like. I like a walking stick in the mountains as my balance doesn't seem so good now that I'm a certified senior. Truth is, I have some wooden canes I like as well but using a cane makes me look too much like a gimp. I may be one but don't want to look like it! GD