John, you very well could be right and probobly are! To be honest I have been out west several times and have yet to shoot anything over 200 yards and have only killed one animal over 350 yards in my entire career.
My comments about BC are based on the fact that this season I am going to have the opportunity to shoot some deer at what I consider long range(4-600+). There is simply no other way to hunt these deer than to setup for the long shot or I would be doing it. As a result I have been doing a little research on what it take to get er done at these ranges.
After looking at the tables on Remington's site the differance in trajectory was around 10'' at 400 yards of memory serves correct. That was comparing a Scirroco to a A-frame I believe. Thats a significant amount in my boook, but not really of relevance when a range finder is in use. What high BC bullets are good at IMO is limiting wind deflection. Trajectory is easy to dope, but the wind is not. At least thats been my finding when shooting at 600 yards off a benchrest.