Originally Posted by 86thecat
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by 86thecat
458WM specs allow a very generous throat, which may cause accuracy problems with lighter (shorter) bullets. Just FYI.

Perhaps in theory.

Have a 458WM CZ that is pretty heavy on theory then. If you look at a SAAMI chamber spec the leade is funnel shaped and starts about 10 thou larger than bullet diameter... This one will get most all cast bullets or jacketed bullets lighter than 450 gns well clear of the case mouth before they begin to engrave the rifling. It will shoot an inch at 100yds with 450 TSX or 500 gn jacketed or you will be lucky to hit a pie plate at 100yds with lighter or most cast. Guess you have different chamber specs on that side of the equater.....

I have come up against this level of ignorance several times since immigrating to the US. For some reason, it is popular to assume Aussies get a different product than you do, even though they are made in the same plant and exported all round the world? I have heard it with cars, guns and even printing presses and it is extreme ignorance to suggest it.

The fact is, Aussies were using BRNO's, the forerunner of the CZ decades before it was heard of here, as Australia was a primary importer from Europe in the decades after the war. That included Tikka's, Sako's and no....there is no such thing as a Garcia Sako there, as Garcia, the importer was only a "local identity" in the USA. Aussie experience with these rifles is among the highest.

As to your claim of accuracy with lighter bullet and using SAAMI as a voice of authority. WOW.

I simply cannot recall all the .458's I have owned or used. Never ever, did one not produce sub MOA performance and half MOA performance is simply nothing to brag about as it is relatively common with this caliber.

If you have a single rifle that does not do that, and......you actually handloaded lighter for caliber bullets for it, I would be interested to know what your loads were, what bullets you used, size of the groups generated, what scope you have on the rifle, and your honest assessment of your shooting prowess to generate sub MOA groups with a cartridge this powerful.

Over to you, as I like to learn as much as anyone else.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.