Originally Posted by ltppowell
I think he was a nutcase too, but I was twenty when I voted for him. That's why I could never get behind Ron Paul. All the best ideas in world won't cut it if you make people believe you have bodies hidden in your crawlspace. Hopefully Rand's Mom's chromosomes are alpha.

I liked Perot's key points but my concern would have been him trying to apply his limited knowledge in other areas. He wasn't a man to solicit advice. I think he was right about NAFTA, I think he was right about government spending - but in the bigger picture I believe now he wasn't ready for the position. His depth stopped at those issues.

But it was a learning experience - its made me realize just how few men really are ready for it. It made me shake my head at people promoting Herman Cain as a viable presidential candidate.

I was listening to a man talk about Cruz yesterday - and he is generally despised in the Senate by many of his own party , however I suspect he's deeply respected by many in the house. The democrats *want* Cruz because they believe he'll be a divisive candidate to the party.

The talking head said that Cruz has well thought out, deep political ideologies - that whether you agree with them or not, there are no holes in them, unlike Sara Palin (yes, Bowsinger he actually said that and used her as an example of a candidate with no direction in their philosophy)

I haven't said this about a politician in a long time but if came down to him or Hillary , I'd vote for Cruz, and I'd want Cruz over Christie or Bush. Matter of fact, Cruz would have to do some pretty horrible stuff for me to ever think Christie or Bush would be a better choice. Not that I'm a Hillary or Democratic supporter but I just haven't been interested in voting GOP over 3rd party in quite awhile.

I'm not a Walker fan - he just seems like he's one lobbyist away from being a Boehner , McCain or McConnell.

But its a long season and there are alot of landmines waiting for all these candidates.

I think the ship has already sailed for Rand, although I'd love for him to figure out a way to redeem himself. Cruz is stealing his thunder and he's hasn't faced the firing squad of scrutiny on his personal property views.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/26/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings