If you look around you'll quickly see that the 35 Remington factory ammo is as described, rather hard to locate, but this reminded me of one of the guys in our hunt club that purchased a marlin lever gun at a pawn shop decades ago , who really wanted a 357 mag version so he could shoot cast bullets dirt cheap, I told him at the time that the 35 rem was the better idea as the hand loaded cast bullets could be loaded to be just as accurate at the same velocity as the 357 mag carbine IF that's what he wanted to do, but he had the significant advantage with the larger case capacity to push heavier cast bullets to noticeable higher velocities should he choose to later.
it should be obvious that some cartridges case capacity's and bore sizes, rifling twist rates and basic rifle designs are much more compatible with the use of cast bullets and the 35-45 caliber marlin lever actions just generally fall into that range.
Using 35. grains of IMR 3031, I get about 2000 fps with quite acceptable accuracy, simply cast from 95% WW alloy and 5% pure tin, size .359 and lube , seat the bullet out to the longest length that functions smoothly, if done correctly its proven to be very effective on white tail deer out well past 150 yards

[Linked Image]
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...-35-Caliber-point358-200-Grain-Flat-Nose

you might want to keep in mind that the 35 remington loaded with a good hard cast gas check 200 grain bullet pushed to about 2000 fps shoots considerably flatter and would be rather comparable in some ways to a marlin 44 mag loaded with the common 280-300 grain hard cast bullet in that either caliber would allow very inexpensive reloading and hunting and an easy 150 yard effective range and ammo you could fabricate rather cheaply