I picked up another Martini Cadet this past weekend. Now I'm faced with that delicious conundrum of cartridge selection for the next build based on it. (Trouble is, it has a very nice bore and shot a handful of cast bullet handloads into a very tight 40 yard group. I know, never shoot the donor.) I have a sweet Hornet already but I do have a ton of Hornet brass. .218 Bee is tempting were it not for nonexistent brass. .38 Special/.357 Mag is a possibility. .357 Max is really tempting which would give it deer hunting potential too, but brass is unobtainable in the main too, and besides it may or may not make the turn into the chamber if long-ish bullets are used. .222 Rimmed would be nifty, if I could find a big stash of brass. .32 S&W Long,.25-20, .32-20, .256 Mag would provide neat platforms for cast bullet experimentation. Ah, decisions, decisions.

It'll definitely get a classic-style stock, target scope blocks, and iron (tang) sights, bushed firing pin, etc.- I can't wait to get started!

Before anybody squawks about not preserving its originality, I've set my course and shan't be deterred!

Last edited by gnoahhh; 04/15/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty