Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by dogzapper
We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.
Our local police chief also advised me to never leave a holdup guy alive. If they are wounded, they can sue you ... dead men tell no tales.

http://stevetimmcatholicfsblog.intuitwebsites.com/

And you got no problem with what you write about on your 'Christian' blog, and what you've written in your post above...?

Antlers,

I take it that you are an avid reader of my "Christian" blog grin Not too surprisingly, a lot of the 24HCF guys and gals are, so maybe you follow my words ... I've learned not to judge.

We retired from our store twenty-three years ago. That is over two decades ago, for pity's sake! Almost a quarter-century and I was just saying what we did then.

Probably thirty to forty percent of our customers had some connection to the drug trade, plus we had lots of customers who were with the Mob. Over the years, we lost significant amounts of our inventory, literally our life's savings, several times.

Frankly, at that time in my life I was not going to go down without a fight. But strange things happen ... one armed robbery in downtown PDX, two armed gunmen walked into a store and held it up. The owner, a friend of mine, shot one of them ... the gunman's buddy scooped up the wounded mans handgun and ran out the door. What Jesse was left with was a dead gunman, no witnesses and no gunman's gun.

Happily, the alleged felon had a rap sheet for armed robbery.

Anyway, if you have a problem with what I did well over twenty years ago, that's fine. I never used the "throwaway" gun, but I was prepared to use it.

A lot of the LEO I know also carry them ... as did my friend, Bill Jordan.

If I had a retail jewelry store today, would I have a throwaway? First of all, in today's drug society, I would not even think of owning a jewelry store, so your question will go forever unanswered. Sorry about that.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397